Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2008



Free Spirited, impish and tenacious are words I hear often to describe Elizabeth. I agree these are words that best describe her. I know once she enters school the phone calls from the principals office will begin. She has a will of her own that is unstoppable at times. She is not naughty or aggressive and does follow what I ask of her (most often) but she is impish and free spirited. She frequently teases her best friend Owen by poking him in the ear or tries to take his toys, when she does not even want them. Her most recent letter home stated because she was not listening her toy had to be taken away by her teacher and when I discussed this with her why she needs to listen she replied 'that's okay I will steal it back on Monday'. Time-out as infrequent as it is here is often not a punishment as she sings away on the step, once she can go she promises me 'don't worry Mom I promise I won't do that again'. She really is an unstoppable force at times and boy can it be exhausting.

4 comments:

Ellen Seidman said...

Hello there, I just found your blog and have been reading through the posts, relating to a lot of what you say. My son, Max, did Medek, too. We think it was really key to getting him walking. I so love the words you use to describe Elizabeth--free-spirited, impish, tenacious. Those qualities will so get her through life. I'd describe my son as persistent and playful, too. He's 5, almost 6, and had a stroke at birth from CP. Come visit my blog sometime! I put you on our blog roll.

Kellars Mommy said...

Oh my goodness this post describes Kellar to a "t"...He is not mean but he loves to aggrivate the daycare kids, wants their toys but could care less about playing with them after he gets them, I have joked for the past few months that I might need to go ahead and look into homeschooling him b/c I have a feeling I'll be living at the school..Time out here is a joke to him, he thinks its funny then when he realizes he's not getting up ( we are having to sit and hold him in time out ) he has a total meltdown and if you try and reason w/him or explain to him what's going on it makes it 10 times worse! Love the pics!

abby said...

I love it that she is free-spirited, impish, and knows what she wants. This will take Elizabeth (to whom the adjectives 'darling' and 'adorable' can easily be added to the aforementioned list) very very far.

Melissa said...

Lol her facial expression is priceless!!