Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Firsts

 
Elizabeth has had some pretty exciting first experiences which we are so happy about. She has had her first play date where a classmate invited her over to play. Elizabeth went to her friends house without me to play and had a pretty good time. I could tell she was pretty anxious as she almost chewed through her shirt she was scared by some of her friends toys (Buzz Light Year and Ken). This friend is a really sweet girl who always goes out of her way to help Elizabeth, she is the first in line to carry her backpack to me when I pick her up at school. Elizabeth also went to a classmates party on her own. Elizabeth has an epi-pen due to her nut allergy so it makes another reason to stay with her at parties but the parents who were both teachers had no concern with her nut allergy and were comfortable in using it if they had to. The mother running the party remarked how amazing all the girls were at helping Elizabeth on the stairs and watching out for her.
We are very lucky to have her in the school she is in the class is quite small and the families have all been so accepting. Over the past few months I am really noticing the social gap between her and her peers getting smaller and her interactions are much more appropriate and unprompted.
Another first here was Elizabeth's first bad word. It occurred while we were playing Doctor. Elizabeth was the Doctor, I was the Nurse and Daddy the patient Elizabeth while checking her patient directed the 'stupid nurse' to complete a task. The irony is I am a Nurse and so I took a bit of offense and sent her to her room. The patient had to leave the room for a chuckle.

4 comments:

Anne said...

I so glad Elizabeth had nice playdate!

Sherry C said...

Sweet!! That's great Ashley had invite but I have followed thru I need to do .. that I think I'll start by inviting a few friends over very soon.

Cris and Liza said...

Awesome to hear!!! So exciting for Elizabeth :)

Lisa said...

Sorry she called you stupid, but it is pretty funny.

Random aside - Elizabeth looks a fair bit like Emma Watson - have you ever noticed this before?