Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Thankful


We just finished our whirlwind Thanksgiving long weekend. The weather was amazing for Daddy to garden and for Elizabeth to spend lots of time outside. Myself I waddled around everyone reading and trying to not do too much. We had our dinner at my brother's house and actually got to eat outside in the sun which has never happened before. Elizabeth loved all the activities they planned for her and her cousin's; from bobbing for apples, pumpkin bowling, relay races and a prize booth. The kids and adults had a ball.
This year we have so many things to be thankful for;
- for our health (despite Elizabeth's early arrival she is a very healthy kid)
- for me now being in my third trimester
- for a Daddy who is tolerating my increasing need to nest
- for family and friends who are helping me to run errands
- for Uncle Philly who stops by to cut our lawn to free up some of Daddy's time
- for friends who will come out with Elizabeth and I knowing that they will be chasing after a kid who knows no limits while I sit on my butt
- for Elizabeth's school who are working hard to ensure her success and safety
- for Elizabeth inheriting her Daddy's ability to draw (the turkey above is a prime example)
We hope you all had a great Thanksgiving weekend.

3 comments:

Anne said...

Happy Thanksgiving! What a wonderful list of things to be thankful for... and an awesome turkey drawing too!

Sherry C said...

Love the turkey sounds like you had a great weekend. I'm glad to here baby is still inside and growing bigger and stronger. Happy Thanksgiving.

CP and Me said...

I haven't posted in so long, but I want to wish you all the best for a long, uneventful third trimester and how wonderful you made it this far. And nice jumping in the pool Elizabeth!