Pages

Thursday, October 02, 2008

We are here!



We have arrived and started CME with Ramon. We have settled in the hotel and I am slowly getting used to the erratic driving and thanks to the GPS we have not got completely lost only rerouted due to the endless one way streets.

We are slowly getting a routine sorted out for our day she has twice daily sessions with Ramon. She really seems to like CME and loves the challenges it gives her. She does get upset with some the exercises as she is afraid to fall on the higher boxes. She has walked/skated on balls, climbed imaginary stairs, walked across thin upright planks and is learning to jump with her knees bent. By the end of the session Ramon is sweating as it is just as tiring for him as it is for her.

In the picture above she is running on the edge of the block which she loved. At times she was laughing so hard she would fall over.

We are trying to fill our days with fun activities and rest. We visited the Insect Museum and she loved seeing all the bugs. She loved the tarantula's and Mom was not too sure.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I've been following your blog- Liam has cerebellar atrophy. I'm looking forward to the updates and more info regarding Ramon!

Melissa said...

Yay!! So glad it is going well. I wish we could have gone with you guys. Maybe next time.

So cute that Elizabeth laughs throughout therapy. It makes it so much easier when they enjoy it.

Kellars Mommy said...

Just checking in to see how things were going, can't wait for more updates...

Shannon said...

EEEK tarantulas!??? Yikes, I hvae goosebumps just thinking of them!!!

Glad she is doing so well in the therapy...looks very interesting!!!

Anonymous said...

Angela,
I am intrigued. I don't think my girls are ready for this yet but I would definately be interested in teh future. Can you please send me more info including costs etc.

Jacolyn said...

I love that you are able to do this. Elizabeth looks great!